Tuesday, September 1, 2009

August 31, 2009


I created ths card for Splitcoaststampers Featured Stamper Challenge. The card I cased is called Fashion Lady and I really liked the vintage look.


To get this look myself, I found an image and printed it on cardstock, then cut it out using an oval template (1 1/2" x 2") and my Blade Runner. I used Stampin Ups Mellow Moss, Pale Plum, and Chocolate Chip inks with my Blender Pen to color the image in to help highlight my focal image. I then used the Mellow Moss ink and a sponge to lightly highlight the edge of my focal oval.


I then found some patterned papers I had on hand that gave me a vintage look. I made the card 5 1/4" square. The rose paper is 3" x 5" and the striped paper is 2" x 5".


I then found some solid coordinating cardstock to highlight my focal image. I used my Blade Runner and oval template in a slightly larger size (2" x 2 1/2") and mounted my image on it. I then used my scalloped oval punch (2 1/4" x 3') and punched green cardstock.


As my image is slightly smaller in scale than my inspiration card, I used the same green cardstock (1 3/4" x 5") and then a lighter green linen cardstock (1 1/4" x 5") to highlight my dark brown polka-dotted ribbon.


My mother in law is going to love this card when she gets it for her birthday!

No comments:

Post a Comment