Tuesday, September 1, 2009

August 31, 2009

This is my new favorite card. I made it for the Technique Lover's Challenge on Splitcoast. The technique was Masking. To begin, I stamped the owl and stump onto brown cardstock that measures 2 1/4" x 3 1/2". The card is 4 1/4" x 5 1/2". The purple cardstock is 3 3/4" x 5". It was stamped with clear stamps in Stampin Up's Perfect Plum for interest. The next brown layer is 2 3/4" x 4" and was inked with Perfect Plum for definition, and the dark green is 2 1/2" x 3 3/4".

I punched a 1 1/2" circle and stuck it over my owl with double stick tape which had been stuck to my shirt to get a lightly sticky finish. I then used a clear stamp in Mellow Moss ink, then used the same stamp in Perfect Plum ink, both from Stampin Up. To make the owl more visually interesting, I punched 1/8" holes on a few of the larger spots on my owl and then filled the holes with complementary brads in purple and bronze. To highlight the masked circle, I used a paper piercer to pierce around the circle.
I stamped my phrase on purple cardstock, then punched a 1 3/8" circle around the phrase. I inked a sponge with Perfect Plum and used it to highlight the edges of the circle and riveted in the o's for interest. I then cut 1 3/8" circles out of green and brown cardstock. The ribbon was wrapped around the card, and a small "flag" piece was stapled onto the card, then I adhered the phrasing atop.

No comments:

Post a Comment