Friday, September 4, 2009

September 4, 2009

Made this card this afternoon and loved the monotone color effect. You can't really see the distressing...I sanded the butterfly and used a tape dispenser's cutter to lightly distress the edges of the butterfly as well. I liked this card so much that I used the same premise to complete a splitcoast layout challenge:



And this is what I came up with! Right now, this is my favorite card I've made! I created the scalloping by cutting the white paper with scalloping scissors, then paper punched the holes...I may try to recreate this card using a different scalloping punch. It's more intricate, but it might work...I stamped the butterfly in a sage green ink then again in versamark, then dusted turquoise pearl ex powder over it to get a nice colored butterfly. The color inspiration is actually an eye shadow duo that I love. It always reminds me of a beautiful butterfly. I love the blue/green color combo. It reminds me of a blue hydrangea, which I really seem to be inspired by lately!
**********************
I wanted to show the last phase of the boxes from yesterday's post! After putting the gift inside (earrings, nail polish, and lip gloss), I tied the lid on with a coordinating ribbon. It looks so decadent! I hope Lindsey loves this gift!


No comments:

Post a Comment