Thursday, September 3, 2009






I got this template from Roxy. I needed a box for 2 different gifts. The purple one is for a friend who needed a pick me up whose favorite color is purple. The other box was made for a birthday party my daughter is attending tomorrow. Her friend's favorite color is blue, so I got my inspiration from a blue hydrangea (my favorite!).
I found the flower in a link at Roxy's Blog. Thanks Connie!I LOVE the way my flower turned out! I used 3 different punches and several cuttlebug die's to get this result and I used 2 different greens and 3 different blues to get the finished product. I altered Roxy's template slightly as I couldn't get the corner to fit in the box neatly...(Yep! Perfectionist!) My box started as an 8 1/4" x 8 1/4" inch square and I scored at 2 3/4" on each side, then cut up from the bottom on the right hand box to the intersection and repeated for all 4 sides. I cut 8 pieces of colored papers into 2.5" squares. I stamped the butterfly (yeah, I know it's really a moth, but it was pretty!) on light blue cardstock with Bliss Blue ink, colored with my blender pens in Tempting Turquoise and Brilliant Blue, cut and folded and glued to some of the flappy squares. I made a second one also, using purple, and altered my butterfly's slightly. On the second box, I stamped both sides of the butterfly with Stampin Up stamps using Pale Plum and Perfect Plum inks.
This was fun! Try it!



1 comment:

  1. Whoo Hoo!!! I can't wait to try the box and follow along with you. Sounds like you are getting some stamping time. I haven't. Hopefully after I get home and the girls are back in school. LOVE the blog!

    ReplyDelete