Thursday, September 3, 2009

September 2, 2009

I spent half of today looking for inspiration, then ended up making 2 cards:

This technique was presented by Beate from Splitcoaststampers. It is a pocket card made to hold a gift card. Beate used a larger piece of paper. I started with an 8 1/2" x 11" piece of white cardstock, cut it down to 5" x 11", then scord it lengthwise mountain valley style at 3 1/8" and 6 1/4", then folded. I found 3 patterned papers I liked together and cut them at 1 3/8" x 3 3/8". I created a decorative border in white cardstock and cut it down to 3 3/8" x about 1 1/4", affixed it to the top of the paper I chose for the bottom, then stuck all 3 papers down. I selected a coordinating ribbon and tied it around the base, then created a phrase on a punched circle, embellised it with a flower shaped brad and matching colored ink pens, mounted it on a blue scalloped circle, sponged the edge of the circle with Mellow Moss ink, then affixed it to my card using foam tape to give it dimension. I used a larger brad for the upper left corner and created a tag for my top pocket. The tag started as a white 3 1/4" x 2 1/2" rectangle with the corners cut off. I mounted this on a slightly larger green tag, punched a rectangular hold in the top and embellised it with more ribbon. What you can't see is that the bottom of the tag has a white scallop over the same green as the middle pocket.

No comments:

Post a Comment